December 31, 2021 | Chef Oliver Lim
||German Cake Flour Type 405
||Double Action Baking Powder
- Mix egg yolk and dark rum (A) evenly, do not incorporate air into mixture.
- Once mixture is even and smooth, sieve in icing sugar(B), and combine until smooth.
- Fold in salt and butter (C) with spatula. Press out air bubbles. Mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Sieve ingredients D and fold into mixture until smooth. Press out air bubbles again.
- Wrap dough in cling wrap, and chill in fridge for 20 min to firm up.
- Roll out dough with baking paper to 1 cm thickness evenly, freeze to harden for 1 hour.
- Use cookie cutter (6cm diameter) to cut into rounds.
- Place cookies onto baking tray with baking paper, egg wash with egg yolk and place in fridge to dry up egg wash for 20 min.
- After first coat dried up, egg wash one more time, and scrap fork pattern on cookie surface.
- Place steel rings (6.5cm or 2.5 inches in diameter) over the biscuits to hold the biscuit from spreading, bake at 160 ̊C for 30 mins.
- After 30 min of baking, remove steel rings and put cookies back into the oven to bake for another 5 min, and voila!