December 19, 2021 | Chef Oliver Lim
||German Wheat Flour Type 550
||Remilled Durum Semolina Flour
||Focaccia Dried Sourdough
||Domino Verde Natural Improver
||Angel Instant Yeast
||Salt (Fine sea salt
||25g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
||Rosemary leaves/ Garlic Salt/ Olives
- In a large steel bowl, combine all dry ingredients(A).
- Make a cavity in the flour. Pour in wet ingredients(B) into the cavity.
- Using a stirrer, stir and mix the ingredients together until ingredients form a sticky ball.
- Leave the dough covered for 20 mins.
- Stretch & fold the dough 4-5 times using a wet hand. Rest for 20 mins.
- Repeat stretch & fold the dough 4-5 times using a wet hand. Rest for 20 mins.
- The dough should be 2 times the original size after resting. Coat the dough with some more olive oil and flatten them with your fingers. Make sure the dough is stretched out as wide as possible.(Optional: Leave dough covered in fridge overnight if you want better aroma)
- Sprinkle garlic salt on the flat dough and decorate the dough with rosemary leaves and sliced olives. Final ferment until double in size, about 1 hour. Preheat your oven to 200̊C for 20 minutes.
- After final fermentation, place the dough in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes of baking at 200̊C. If you have a small oven that only goes to 180 C, bake for 25 minutes. If top burns, cover the top of the dough with aluminum foil.
- Remove bread from the oven and leave it to cool on a rack for 30 minutes before serving.
No oven option: Divide dough into smaller portions, this bread can also be baked in smaller toaster oven. Or you may roll out thinly and pan fry your flat bread until slightly charred. Spread garlic butter & sprinkle cheese.