January 25, 2021 | Chef Oliver Lim
A 33% 25g Egg Yolk
13% 10g Dark Rum
B 93% 70g Icing Sugar
C 1.3% 1g Salt
160% 120g Softened Butter
D 100% 75g German Cake Flour
100% 75g Cereals Premix
2.6% 2g Double Action Baking Powder
- Combine ingredients A. Whisk evenly, do not incorporate air into mixture.
- Once mixture is even and smooth, sieve in Icing Sugar, and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in Ingredient C with spatula. Press out air bubbles until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Sieve ingredient D and fold until smooth. Press out air bubbles.
- Wrap dough in cling wrap, and chill in fridge for 20 mins to firm up.
- Roll out dough with baking paper 1 cm thick evenly, place in freezer to harden for 1 hr.
- Use cookie cutter (6cm diameter) to cut into rounds.
- Place cookies onto baking tray with baking paper, egg wash with egg yolk and place in fridge to dry up egg wash for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, egg wash one more time, and scrap pattern with fork.
- Place steel rings (6.5cm or 2.5 inches in diameter) over the biscuits to hold the biscuit from spreading, bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins of baking, remove steel rings and put cookies back into the oven to bake for another 5 mins, and voila!